Jul 16, 2013, 5:56 PM EST
After last night’s excellent appetite-whetting Home Run Derby, which resulted in a record-high number of Yoenis Cespedes-related discussions at office watercoolers nationwide, Citi Field tonight brings us the true Mid-Summer Classic. The stars are out, the stands are filling up, and social media is breathless with anticipation for a long night of complaining about Joe Buck and Tim McCarver. Truly, a tradition unlike any other.
Two of the 68 players taking the field tonight to represent the game’s best and brightest–including such greats of the sport as Jeff Locke, Everth Cabrera and Steve Delabar–will also be repping for Philly: Cliff Lee and Domonic Brown. Neither are starting, and with the absolutely insane number of players per All-Star team now, neither is likely to get more than token action, but hopefully both will do their home team proud in their limited appearances. Here’s a crappy picture I took of their adjacent lockers!
Supposedly a 7:30 start time from Citi Field, though that probably means first pitch will be closer to 8:00. Go Fightins, go NL, and David Wright, if you wanna embarrass yourself one or two more times without doing too much damage to the team, don’t let us stop you.
|Davey u on Are the 2013 Philadelphia Eagl…|
|Marvin Monroe on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|t800m101 on 29th in the NHL in scoring, ha…|
|t800m101 on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages