Nov 15, 2013, 4:45 PM EDT
It feels like many Sixers teams ago since Lou Williams was our first man off the bench–even if he had resigned with the Sixers in the summer of 2012, he probably would have been traded by now anyway. But in a way, it feels like he’s still buried on the bench somewhere, because he’s played so few games so far with his new team, having gone down with a torn ACL midway through last season, and only playing against Philly in one of the four Hawks-Sixers games last year.
Well, at long last, the Sweetness has returned. Lou Will is active tonight for the first time since he got injured back in Brooklyn ten months ago, and wouldn’t you know it? The Sixers just happen to be in town, their first of three matchups with the Hawks this season. Lou will join the 4-4 Hawks in a role much like that he had in Philly, and hopefully get to enjoy playing for his hometown for the rest of the season and possibly into the playoffs.
Meanwhile, the Sixers are coming off yet another emotional high after their unlikely 123-117 OT win against the Rockets on Wednesday, done on the backs of a career-high 36 points by James Anderson and a career-high everything from Tony Wroten in his first-ever start, filling in for an injured Michael Carter-Williams. Wroten will get the chance to follow his performance tonight in Atlanta, as MCW is again out with a sore foot arch. Still listed as day-to-day, so you hope this is more precautionary than anything, though you never like hearing about foot problems with your young guys.
7:30 tip from the Highlight Factory in Atlanta. You can vote for your favorite Sixers as All-Stars now, though no MCW or Tony Wroten on the ballot. Hopefully the #WriteInWroten movement gets some more ammo tonight.
|brandonphilly on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
|CD on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|NBA lottery is rigge… on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|J on CEO Scott O’Neil promise…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money