Aug 17, 2013, 1:48 PM EST
“You hear his country accent and you think he’s a little bit slow but he’s sharp as a tack,” Jimmy Rollins said of his former manager on Friday night after Charlie Manuel was let go from his role with the Phillies.
Last night’s losing pitcher Cliff Lee also commented on Charlie’s departure, noting it’s part of the game and that Charlie took the fall for the performance of the player’s on the field.
For more on Charlie’s firing check out our Charlie Manuel tagged posts.
|Webuppp on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|kirk on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Tito Santantana Offt… on Allen Iverson in latest Reebok…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return