Jul 14, 2013, 7:30 AM EST
We’re sorry to inform you, Michael Young, that your Chevrolet Player of the Game honors for 07/13/2013 have been repossessed, and hereby awarded to Jimmy Rollins for his amazing sell-out, head-first slide into home on the game-winning play in the 13th inning of the second half of a LONGGGG double header that ended sometime the next day.
Sure, Young came up with the base hit to score Rollins from second, but this sure was a great piece of base running. J-Roll is on his horse the moment the ball comes off the bat, and even then, not just anybody scores on this play. It took a savvy dive from the back end of the dish to elude White Sox catcher Casper Wells’ tag – one where the runner pays the price at that.
Rollins appears to go face-first into the dirt, although he didn’t mind it the least once he sees home-plate umpire Fieldin Culbreth’s safe call. Is this enough hustle for the haters?
The Phillies won 2-1, redeeming themselves somewhat after a crushing extra-innings loss in Game 1 to a last-place Chicago club – and finally putting an end to a 10-hour baseball marathon at Citizens Bank Park, where both games incredibly went exactly three hours and 53 minutes. Weird. One last look (via US Presswire)…
>> BOX SCORE [MLB.com]
|Get Animax Ointment on Shocker: Some People in Baseba…|
|Chris on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|2sentz on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
|ken bartlett on Biggest takeaway from Eagles S…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages