May 28, 2013, 8:52 PM EDT
In-game interviews from the dugout are all the rage these days – they add so much to the broadcast! And the players, undoubtedly sensing how important these interruptions are, always take them seriously, too.
Like Cole Hamels for instance. Why he’s not even the person being interviewed here, but understanding the magnitude of this moment, he dons a Boston Police vest and voluntarily stands guard behind catching coach Mick Billmeyer.
Was Hamels’ authoritative presence in response to some shenanigans that took place over the weekend?
As FOX allowed Kyle Kendrick to prattle on for an entire half inning during Saturday’s broadcast, Cliff Lee showered him with sunflower seeds, a clear violation of in-game-dugout-interview etiquette. Instead of listening to Kyle babble about… whatever it was he was being asked about at the time, he was pissing and moaning about what a bunch of jerks his teammates are. That made for some awkward television, not like most in-game interviews.
The Billlmeyer interview went on without interruption, and we’re all thankful for that. And informed. Don’t forget informed. (What were they talking about again?)
Image via @PhieldersChoice
|willh888 on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
|Matt S. on Michael Carter-Williams is you…|
|FlyersFan on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
|rw on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money