Oct 15, 2013, 1:14 PM EDT
LeBron James clearly modeled much of his game after Michael Jordan. The two are in a league of their own when it comes to all-time dominant NBA players.
LBJ recently sat down with Chris Broussard for an ESPN The Magazine piece where LeBron calls Jordan his favorite player growing up. Nothing all that revelatory there. But what stood out to us in Philadelphia was the somewhat surprising discovery that LeBron looked up to none other than Sixers’ great Allen Iverson.
An excerpt from ESPN.com:
“I watch Jordan more than anybody, for sure,” James told ESPN’s Chris Broussard for a story in the upcoming issue of ESPN The Magazine. “But I’ll watch tapes of AI, too. I don’t take anything from AI. Well, I do — his will. They say he was 6 feet, but AI was like 5-10½. Do we even want to say 160? 170 [pounds]? Do we even want to give him that much weight? And he played like a 6-8 2-guard. He was one of the greatest finishers we’ve ever seen. You could never question his heart. Ever. He gave it his all. AI was like my second-favorite player growing up, after MJ.”
Which reminds of the time Iverson and LeBron went at it back in 2007 when A.I. played with the Nuggets.
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money