Jun 21, 2013, 10:13 AM EDT
If you watched any of the United States women’s soccer team last night before the NBA Final, you likely saw Lauren Cheney playing a starring role for the stars and stripes in a 5-0 rout of South Korea. A game in which Abby Wambach became the all-time leading women’s scorer in the international game.
In case you didn’t know, Mrs. Cheney is also known as the soon-to-be Mrs. Jrue Holiday. The pair is set to marry next month.
This morning, Cheney tweeted this
So, whether Jrue ever gets a chance to play for the stars and stripes on an international stage is up for discussion.
For now, his soon-to-be wife is the true patriot.
|phillyphanatic77 on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|Hiccup on Cliff Lee struck out 13 Braves…|
|Chutley on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|Mostel on Cole Hamels gives the most Col…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money