Aug 29, 2013, 12:36 AM EST
The Phillies bounced back after an ugly outing on Tuesday to get the win behind a strong effort from Cole Hamels on Wednesday night in New York. But it wasn’t all positive news as Cody Asche left the game in the seventh with a right hamstring strain.
After slapping a single passed second base, Asche went pretty hard into first base and made what looked like a pretty normal turn. You can clearly see him reach for the back of his hammy when rounding the bag though.
He was replaced by John McDonald for the final couple of innings.
The Phils are back at it in an early afternoon game on Thursday to finish off the four game set from Queens. I wouldn’t expect to see Asche in the lineup. As Wheels points out in the above video, those hammy issues can take a while.
|brandonphilly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|Danimal on Nick Foles gets the Sports Ill…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages