Jun 24, 2013, 9:30 PM EST
Remember Roy Halladay? He played catch.
That’s just one small step in his road back to potentially pitching for the Philadelphia Phillies again this season. Catch is obviously a long, long way off from taking the pitchers mound in game action, but at least Rich Dubee spoke very positively when talking about Doc’s catch session today.
Phillies beat writer Matt Gelb has the pitching coach’s quote on Sulia:
“It looks very, very good,” Dubee said. “The arm action, he’s able to get his arm back up very easily. No effort at all. Whereas before because of the stuff that he had going on in his shoulder, he couldn’t get it up on a consistent basis. But now his arm slot is fantastic and he’s doing very very well so far. He’s a long ways from pitching, but everything so far is going to according to plan.”
Back on May 16 the Phillies said that Roy could begin throwing in 6-8 weeks. That was actually just under 6 weeks ago, so it appears as if Roy is progressing well.
So, the Halladay news appears positive. Which is something to be feel solid about, I suppose. Whether he’s ever healthy enough to pitch again for the Fightins remains to be seen, and whether they’re anywhere remotely near contention if that were to ever happen is another thing entirely.
|dawkisgod on Video: If Chip Kelly calls a […|
|David Seasholtz on Looking back at Philadelphia p…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages