Sep 23, 2013, 7:54 PM EST
Roy Halladay’s career as a Philadelphia Phillies pitcher could possibly be over. Doc was pulled from Monday night’s game down in Miami after facing just three Marlins batters. His fastball topped out at a meager 83 mph.
Halladay walked leadoff man Donovan Solano on four pitches, got Ed Lucas to foul out to second, and walked Christian Yelich before the trainer came out and called it a day. Doc was sweating quite a bit and clearly looked like he was laboring.
The official word from the Phillies is that Halladay left the game with “right arm fatigue.”
Most Phillies fans turned off the game once Doc departed, citing “baseball fatigue.”
Sad to see one of the game’s greats go out like this. Pretty sure baseball fans everywhere are hoping that Halladay can find some sort of magical panacea this offseason, but the road to returning to any sort of productive form looks more like a mountain at this point.
UPDATE: Roy Halladay told reporters he will not pitch again this season.
Phillies scribe Jim Salisbury is down in Miami and has more on Halladay’s departure here.
— Zoo With Roy (@zoowithroy) September 23, 2013
|sfsu on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|sfsu on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|The Bees Knees on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages