Sep 25, 2013, 7:43 PM EDT
When Roy Halladay was pulled from Monday’s game after throwing just 16 pitches and allowing two bases on balls, many people thought they’d just witnessed Doc’s final outing as a member of the Philadelphia Phillies and perhaps of the former Cy Young winner’s career.
But Ruben Amaro Jr. isn’t putting it so harshly. In fact, the Phils’ GM could see a path for Halladay to make it back onto the club next year.
Phillies scribe for the Daily News, Ryan Lawrence, spoke with Ruben about Halladay and wrote about it this evening:
“I try not to think in absolutes with him. If we think he’s going to be a viable possibility for us, we’d like to try to bring him back. I’d like to think it’s not the last we’ll see of Doc.”
As Lawrence goes to point out, we obviously have no idea what kind of pitcher Halladay will be come spring training 2014, so it’s mad early to speculate too much.
That said, Ruben seems to be giving Halladay a legend’s courtesy here whereas he won’t even come out and say Cody Asche and Darrin Ruf will be important for this team next season. Watch that below.
|Stan on ‘Iverson’ document…|
|Jason R. on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|2sentz on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money