Jun 27, 2013, 7:19 PM EST
#11, #35 and #41 for the Sixers at the NBA Draft tonight, expected to be one of the least predictable drafts in recent NBA history. Nobody knows for sure who’s going anywhere in the top ten, or if the teams currently in the top ten are the ones that are going to stay there, so there’s just about no telling who’s going to be available to the Sixers when they make their first pick in the low double-digits. Of course, this is all compounded by the fact that nobody can even seem to agree on who (if anyone) is actually good in this draft, so expect a draft that’s going to be absolutely impossible to Sporcle in ten years.
As for the Sixers, you can read up on some of the likely picks we’ve talked about them taking here, though for reasons I can’t quite explain–maybe just my own prejudices, plus the fact that he’s one of the only guys we know for a fact the team actually worked out–I see them taking Michael Carter-Williams if he’s available. He’s talented, he’s versatile, he’s a player other teams will eventually want, and as I tried to explain yesterday, the team isn’t set enough in its current roster to worry about how the guy they take fits into their team as is. If MCW is taken, and I think Cody Zeller will be by then as well, then I’m betting they’ll take Steven Adams or Sergey Karasev.
Plenty of fantastic and mostly cut+pasted insight to come on our picks as they get taken. Go Sixers.
|Chip Smelly on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|BenE. on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Cuban on We’re comparing Michael…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages