Aug 1, 2013, 4:05 PM EST
The New Orleans Hornets are no more. Introducing, the New Orleans M-Fing Pelicans! (Note: M-F’ing not actually part of their official name.)
The Pelicans on Thursday unveiled their new uniforms for the 2013 season. That’s Jrue there on the right. You remember him.
Fly? Pelicans? See what I did there? Yup.
As for what will happen to the “Hornets” name, the Bobcats will be re-christening themselves in time for the 2014-15 season, in a same name-same city-different franchise scenario not unlike what just happened with Atlanta, Winnipeg and the Jets. Those Bring Back the Buzz guys undoubtedly remain over the moon.
On a related note, the Sixers still don’t have a coach, and it still doesn’t matter.
Tankapalooza 2014: The Search for a New Andrew! (We’re work-shopping these. Leave suggestions.)
|Chris on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
|trishb on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|charlie d on Jonathan Papelbon’s ugly…|
|sfsu on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages