Jun 17, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
Michael Young Gets Thrown Out At Home Plate From 347 Feet Away could be the name of the video, but it could also just be a statement about Michael Young. That dude gets thrown out at home plate from 347 feet away.
Actually, that dude gets thrown out at home plate a lot, period. Pretty sure Young was gunned down something like three times over a four-day span during the Phillies’ epic 3-7 road trip, but none were more humiliating than this one in the first inning of Saturday’s 10-5 beatdown.
Give Carlos Gonzalez credit, he made one hell of a play just to barehand this Ryan Howard double after it caromed off the wall in the leftfield corner, let alone transition seamlessly into his crow hop. The throw was strong enough to overshoot all of his cutoff options and beat Young trying to score from the moon first base.
Nice tag by Willin Rosario as well.
What exactly is Ryne Sandberg thinking as a third-base coach out there? Michael Young is 36. He wasn’t all that fast when he was drafted in 1997. Sandberg has already sent Young to his demise twice by this point last week. Here he lets Meat go down on a ball that – no disrespect to CarGo’s throw – bounced its way to the catcher.
Not sure it really mattered in the grand scheme. Jonathan Pettibone got rocked again, surrendering seven runs (six earned) on 10 hits over just three frames of work. That’s the third rough start in the last four for the rookie – yet another bad sign for the Phillies.
|db21 on Connor Barwin says Eagles used…|
|2sentz on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|thisguy on Philly WrestleMania update: no…|
|Chris on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages