Jul 16, 2013, 10:57 AM EDT
MasterCard aired a great commercial during last night’s Home Run Derby that featured the great mascot of the Philadelphia Phillies and also the mascot of the New York Mets.
The Phillie Phanatic and Mr. Met attempt to look past their prank-filled history to get together for lunch which, when paid for with a MasterCard, will donate a portion to the Stand Up to Cancer initiative. A nice gesture from two guys with big heads.
What the commercial doesn’t show is the end of the lunch when the bill comes and Mr. Met “accidentally” leaves his wallet at home forcing the Phanatic to cover the bill. Phanatic don’t care tho. He’s made of green.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money