Oct 30, 2013, 8:37 PM EDT
The Sixers’ season got underway on Wednesday night and they wasted no time flipping the script on everything fans of this team knew about the planet called Earth we live on. They scored 19-straight points to start the game before Miami notched a single bucket.
Michael Carter-Williams got an open-court dunk for the first NBA points of his career to get the scoring going. Evan Turner dunked on LeBron James. Tony Wroten did Tony Wroten things. And the Sixers started a remarkable 11-11 from the field. Yes, Brett Brown’s Sixers were on fire.
The euphoria ended and we all clanked back to reality when Evan Turner missed a three ball with about 5 minutes left in the first quarter, leaving the score at 26-6 at that point.
Once the Sixers finally missed a shot, these two teams reverted back a bit to what you’d kind of expect from a Philly-Miami game. The first half ended with Philadelphia up by a score of 51-49. So, don’t worry too much about those asteroids headed towards Earth you thought you saw during the first quarter. The world is not ending.
One real bright spot: MCW on a triple double watch in the first game of his career with 11 points, 7 dimes, and 6 steals at the midway point. Alright, kid.
The Sixers may lose this first game, and go on to have a truly awful season, but at least we’ll always have the first five minutes of tonight. Basketball can be joyous. Anything is possible.
[shoutout to Ben for cutting the video right quick]
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
|kirk on Video proof that Wayne Simmond…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return