May 21, 2013, 8:30 AM EST
Miami Marlins pitcher Alex Sanabia can be seen spitting directly onto a baseball immediately following the home run he gave up to Phillies outfielder Dom Brown in last night’s contest down in Florida. You can watch the highlight of Brown’s home run over at MLB.com and very clearly see the spitting happen at about the 15-second mark.
The spitball has been illegal in baseball for almost a century.
The pitcher shall not –
(2) expectorate [spit] on the ball, either hand or his glove;
Yeah, that’s not legal.
The lowly Marlins not only spit on the ball last night but they also spit in the faces of Phillies fans by winning the game 5-1. Ugh.
|ken bartlett on Biggest takeaway from Eagles S…|
|bryan on The ‘Group of Death…|
|Steve on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
|CantStanzaYa on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages