Aug 2, 2013, 4:33 PM EDT
Things have not been positive in South Philadelphia since the All-Star Break. The Phillies have been terrible while the Atlanta Braves have been on a tear.
CSN’s Corey Seidman summed tonight’s series opener and MLB debut of recent call up Ethan Martin up quite nicely:
Atlanta is 10-4 since the All-Star break and has scored as many runs in its last two games as the Phils have in their last 10. The Braves have won seven in a row, outscoring their opponents 51-16.
Ethan Martin’s first major-league test will look like the LSAT.
Yikes. Good luck, kid.
Martin came over in the Shane Victorino deal last summer and has been throwing well as of late (4-2 with a 2.08 ERA and .189 BAA over his last seven starts) and will be put right to the test against a potent Braves lineup.
Martin will be opposed by right-hander Kris Medlen (7-10, 3.74) this evening.
Get there early for the Curt Schilling festivities. Could be the highlight of the night.
Jonathan Pettibone has been placed on the DL with a right shoulder strain. RHP Zach Miner will take his spot on the roster.
— Phillies (@Phillies) August 2, 2013
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money