May 12, 2013, 7:33 AM EST
They’re not good. But there’s a chance!
After clicking over to Sixers.com this morning to see if there was anything about Sam Hinkie up yet (there’s not), I stumbled on a helpful post detailing pretty much everything you need to know about the NBA Draft Lottery which takes place in ten days on May 21st.
The basics for Philadelphia fans:
- The Sixers will have the 11th pick in the draft unless they win the lottery into one of the top three spots.
- The odds of them moving up?
As a result, the Sixers have a 0.8% chance of being awarded the top pick, a 0.9% chance of winning the second pick, and a 1.2% chance of winning the third pick – only those three picks are determined via the lottery process, with the remaining 27 first-round picks decided solely based upon 2012-13 regular season records
It also points out that a team with odds outside of the top ten has won the lottery just once when the Orlando Magic did it 20 years ago and selected Chris Webber who was immediately traded for Penny Hardaway.
If only we knew where in Pennsyltucky Hip-Hop relocated to. Sixers fans everywhere could use a rabbit foot.
|thisguy on Philly WrestleMania update: no…|
|Chris on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|wheeeeeeee.com on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|Hiccup on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages