May 12, 2013, 7:33 AM EDT
They’re not good. But there’s a chance!
After clicking over to Sixers.com this morning to see if there was anything about Sam Hinkie up yet (there’s not), I stumbled on a helpful post detailing pretty much everything you need to know about the NBA Draft Lottery which takes place in ten days on May 21st.
The basics for Philadelphia fans:
- The Sixers will have the 11th pick in the draft unless they win the lottery into one of the top three spots.
- The odds of them moving up?
As a result, the Sixers have a 0.8% chance of being awarded the top pick, a 0.9% chance of winning the second pick, and a 1.2% chance of winning the third pick – only those three picks are determined via the lottery process, with the remaining 27 first-round picks decided solely based upon 2012-13 regular season records
It also points out that a team with odds outside of the top ten has won the lottery just once when the Orlando Magic did it 20 years ago and selected Chris Webber who was immediately traded for Penny Hardaway.
If only we knew where in Pennsyltucky Hip-Hop relocated to. Sixers fans everywhere could use a rabbit foot.
|Howie on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|bgp on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|mattybo24 on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|thekrisheim on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money