Nov 4, 2013, 11:52 AM EDT
To quote Andrew Unterberger from his recap of the Sixers big win over the Bulls this weekend: “We’re in uncharted waters here, people. Once is a fluke, twice is a coincidence, three times is a trend.”
Three wins. Zero loses.
And three different NBA power rankings put your Philadelphia 76ers at the top of the league. The most powerful NBA squadron in all the land.
First the NBA mothership:
1. Philadelphia (3-0)
Pace: 103.2 (1), OffRtg: 106.6 (7), DefRtg: 102.1 (17), NetRtg: +4.5 (9)
As crazy as this seems, maybe it’s just the model for when you change your ratio of mid-range attempts to 3-point attempts from 1.7 (last season) to 0.8 (this year). Brett Brown is letting his team push the ball and shoot early in the clock. But ultimately, they’re taking the right kinds of shots, getting to the basket a lot more than they did under Doug Collins too. And they’re shooting pretty well at the basket.
This week: vs. GSW, vs. WAS, vs. CLE, @ CLE
Then Yahoo! Sports:
1. Philadelphia 76ers (3-0; last week’s ranking: 30): After entering the season with what was considered the league’s weakest roster, the Sixers and rookie Michael Carter-Williams beat reigning champion Miami, Washington (on the road) and Chicago. Reality could hit soon, but, for now, the Sixers can enjoy the top spot.
1. Philadelphia 76ers (3-0, Last week: 30)
I know they aren’t the best team in the league. They’re probably not actually any good. But I don’t care. After an offseason full of tanking talk, the Sixers had three comeback victories over the Miami Heat, Chicago Bulls and Washington Wizards. So for one week, they get this lofty honor.
Which makes me wonder. Has a team ever gone from worst in the League one week to the very top spot the next?
If the Sixers beat the Warriors tonight to go 4-0 to start the season, I may have to purchase a Spencer Hawes jersey.
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money