Oct 9, 2013, 11:11 AM EDT
It seems like just yesterday that Charlie Manuel was walking out of Citizens Bank Park with that Wawa bag in his hand for what many thought to be the last time as a member of the Phillies organization. Well, Cholly will never likely be manager again, but he could be back at CBP in another capacity in the future.
Ruben Amaro Jr. hinted at such a scenario back on the day he teared up while sending Manuel packing, but yesterday we learned that Amaro and Manuel have been in discussions about an actual position in the organization for Charlie.
Amaro spoke to reporters yesterday, including CSNPhilly.com’s Jim Salisbury, and shared the following:
“Charlie and I had a real good discussion a few days ago,” Amaro said. “I think Charlie is in the process of deciding what he wants to do. He would be a valuable member of our organization. I think he could help in a variety of ways. Hopefully we can work it out.
“We have made him an offer. Hopefully it would be something he’d be interested in doing.
I think you’d be hard pressed to find a Phillies fan that wouldn’t love to see Charlie back around the team in the future. Now to wait and see what Charlie has an inkling to do with his future.
>>Manuel offered job [CSN]
|BenE. on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|MikeD on The Secret Service once threat…|
|Jason R. on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|your a fool on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money