May 24, 2013, 12:25 PM EST
I never fully understood the small contingent of Phillies fans who enjoyed heckling Jayson Werth once he made the no-brainer decision to depart Philadelphia for the insane money in Washington, DC. There is loyalty, sure. But then there’s also logic.
Those fans will be disappointed this weekend when they find themselves sitting in right field and Jayson Werth and his hair don’t come trotting out to start the game. Werth is currently on the disabled list battling a hamstring injury and could be out another couple weeks.
The Washington Post has more on the injury and highlights all of the time the high-priced outfielder is missing:
Werth, who turned 34 today, is in the third season of a seven-year, $126 million contract. Last year, he missed 75 games after he broke his left wrist attempting to make a sliding catch and played in 81 games all season. Werth could miss roughly 30 games before he makes his return from his current hamstring injury.
So Phillies fans will have to find a new heckling target other than the guy who helped win the only World Series for Philadelphia during most of your lifetimes. I’m thinking another Nats outfielder who has a penchant for eyeblack and running into walls may work just fine.
|Chris on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
|trishb on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|charlie d on Jonathan Papelbon’s ugly…|
|sfsu on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages