Jun 5, 2013, 10:33 PM EDT
The Phillies mid-day victory on Wednesday to complete the sweep of the Miami Marlins coupled with the Washington Nationals getting defeated by the New York Mets by a final of 10-1 moves Charlie Manuel’s squad into second place in the NL East.
Here’s an enjoyable tweet from Nats beat writer Mark Zuckerman.
It’s over. #Nats are back under .500 and in 3rd place in NL East for 1st time since final day of 2011 season.
— Mark Zuckerman (@ZuckermanCSN) June 6, 2013
In other Nats’ news, Stephen Strasburg hit the DL this afternoon with a lat strain. He’s eligible to return on June 16th.
Not as good news if you look at the above graphic: the Braves have rattled off five-straight Ws.
At least the Phils are moving in the right direction as of late.
|mfrey0118 on The five best/worst tweets abo…|
|frank on Jason Akeson doesn’t deserve t…|
|Mostel on Cole Hamels gives the most Col…|
|Sid on The five best/worst tweets abo…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money