Jun 5, 2013, 10:33 PM EST
The Phillies mid-day victory on Wednesday to complete the sweep of the Miami Marlins coupled with the Washington Nationals getting defeated by the New York Mets by a final of 10-1 moves Charlie Manuel’s squad into second place in the NL East.
Here’s an enjoyable tweet from Nats beat writer Mark Zuckerman.
It’s over. #Nats are back under .500 and in 3rd place in NL East for 1st time since final day of 2011 season.
— Mark Zuckerman (@ZuckermanCSN) June 6, 2013
In other Nats’ news, Stephen Strasburg hit the DL this afternoon with a lat strain. He’s eligible to return on June 16th.
Not as good news if you look at the above graphic: the Braves have rattled off five-straight Ws.
At least the Phils are moving in the right direction as of late.
|Matt S. on Eagles officially the hottest…|
|SadKumquat on Peter King: Eagles ‘the disapp…|
|JMRA on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|AJockStrapFeely on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages