Jul 27, 2005, 9:57 AM EDT
Being out of town for work recently means I haven’t had the chance to catch many of the Phillies weekday games lately. They simply aren’t on TV where I am. So last night I get back to my hotel room after a absolutely awesome day at work and go online to check the score of our favorite team. 1-1 in the bottom of the 8th. So what do I do, I decide to sign up for MLB.tv so I can catch the end of the game. My stream was horrible and spotty. I saw the tail end of Urbina pitching a scoreless 8th and then I got to watch the wonderful Phillies 9th. Utley gets an infield single, way to go Chase. Abreu, Mr. Clutch, comes up to bat and strikes out rather ugly. Burrell flies out. Howard singles up the middle. What is with the youngsters coming up with big hits in key situations while the vets go down like chumps. David Bell, well, he flied out of course.
So I wasted $14.95 on watching an inning of baseball. Apparently they have automatic renewals as well, so I will be too lazy to cancel and will be spending 15 dollars a month to watch one shitty Phillies game a month. Awesome.
Trade Rumors: I
started heard a rumor that the Red Sox were going to trade us Manny Ramirez, Johny Damon, Schilling and Hanley for Pat Burrell, Endy Chavez, Billy Wagner, and Jim Thome.
|Stan on ‘Iverson’ document…|
|Jason R. on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|2sentz on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money