Apr 3, 2006, 10:16 PM EST
It was a nasty day in South Philadelphia with a cold rain and a hot St. Louis team putting a damper on opening day festivities for 44,000 Phillie faithful.
The Phillies dug themselves an early hole and found themselves down 10-0 in the 4th. It was a hard day to pay intricate attention to the game on the field, but the scoreboard and the weather dictated the mood of the entire stadium.
Jimmy Rollins came up in the bottom of the eighth with 2 outs, his hitting streak on the line. 3 straight pitches way out of the strike zone brought boos from those still toughing out the wet cold rain in hopes of seeing J-Roll extend his chances of putting his name on the level of the all time greats. Jimmy ripped the 3-0 pitch down the line and Citizens Bank Park became jubilant, at least for a few minutes.
Jimmy’s base hit, along with blasts from Howard and Burrell, were lone moments of excitement for a soggy bunch of baseball fans.
The good news: the Phillies have 161 left to get on the right track and Jimmy still has a chance at history.
Also, Albert Pujols is a beast. BEAST.
|kai on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
|Beardy on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
|KJB on Four gorgeous Tony Wroten pass…|
|willh888 on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages