Mar 2, 2011, 11:50 AM EST
Mr. and Ms. Jeff Lurie were executive producers on Inside Job, the film that won the Best Documentary award at Sunday night's Oscars. But the director of the film who accepted the award apparently forgot to mention the Lurie's during his acceptance speech. This made them unhappy, as Dan Gross writes:
Christina Lurie "felt like she was slapped in the face," wrote Metro's Laura Goldman yesterday, quoting a friend of Lurie's.
So when will the Luries get the next shot at winning something huge?
Although Andy Reid is the league's longest tenured head coach and has brought much success if not championships to Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie, every off-season seems to foster pondering over just how secure his job is if the Birds don't win it all in the next season. Having made overhauls on the field and on the sidelines, the team has never been more hand-picked by Reid, and with that acknowledgement comes full responsibility for bringing a Lombardi Trophy to Philly.
It's unlikely Lurie will have a film represented at the podium again in the next few Oscar seasons, so the pressure is squarely on Reid to get the Lurie name into a thank-you speech and erase the blemish of the Inside Job snub.
|BenE. on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|BenE. on Take a hike, Tom Brady: Eagles…|
|Paul on Nick Foles gets the Sports Ill…|
|willh888 on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages