Jan 28, 2006, 9:32 AM EDT
Iverson had another forty point effort last night against the Heat putting up 45 points in a loss to Dwayne Wade’s squad. Iverson’s flurry of scoring hasn’t resulted in much in terms of wins and the Sixers have slowed down considerably after their fast start. Wade led Miami with 33, 13, and 7.
While the Heat produced a team effort, Iverson was left on
his own, Andre Iguodala the only other 76er to hit double
figures with a 15-point effort as Philadelphia absorbed its
ninth defeat in 11 games.
Iverson’s one-man show kept the 76ers in the contest until
the Heat went on a 10-1 run to surge in front 70-62 and led the
rest of the way.
Same old story. A.I.’s one-man show sure is fun to watch but in the NBA, much like most sports, you need a team effort.
>>Wade Leads Heat to Victory Over Sixers [NYTimes]
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return