Sep 25, 2005, 6:12 PM EDT
David Akers, almost in tears from the pain, kicked the game winning field goal on one leg with 12 seconds left.
I said on Friday that I was worried about Akers leg:
Donovan, T.O., and Akers are all banged up, but practiced on Thursday
and appear ready to go. I worry more about Akers injury than the other
two. McNabb and Owens are used to being banged up,but I’m not sure how
Akers will be affected.
You have to hand it to Akers for sucking up the pain and coming in when his team needed him most. He really showed why Philly fans embrace their kicker. Donovan also appeared to be in discomfort for much of the game. He looked a little off early, missing some wide open targets, but bounced back and played well through the pain late. He finished with 365 yards passing. BWest showed up LaMont Jordan by putting up 208 yards of offense and two TDs.
The defense continued to impress by keeping Randy Moss out of the end zone, but the D line didn’t seem to get enough pressure, allowing Kerry Collins to have a lot of time to find open receivers. Another bend but don’t break performance out of the D.
It wasn’t pretty, but it’s another notch in the win column.
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return