Jan 31, 2012, 1:24 PM EDT
He didn’t go by the rap name “Jewelz” for nothing.
Allen Iverson has been ordered to fork over boatloads of money that he owes to a jeweler. The Sporting News has the details, “A Georgia judge commandeered the bank account of former NBA star
Allen Iverson in order to pay out a substantial debt for an unpaid
jewelry bill in a summary judgement on Monday”
“The judge will garnish Iverson’s earnings to allow Aydin and Company
Jewelers to collect $859,896.46 for the jewelry bill, court costs,
interest and attorney fees, according to a TMZ.com report.”
I know what you’re saying, $859,896.46 is a crazy amount of money to spend on jewelry. What the hell could he have bought for that much?
Unfortunately, A.I. was unavailable for comment.
In the end, the judge apparently gave the jewelry peeps access to A.I.’s Wells Fargo bank account. That must be a fascinating thing to see.
We hate seeing guys who were once masters of their domain fall into financial hardship. It never seems to be a positive thing when A.I.’s name pops up in the news these days.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money