Jan 31, 2012, 1:24 PM EST
He didn’t go by the rap name “Jewelz” for nothing.
Allen Iverson has been ordered to fork over boatloads of money that he owes to a jeweler. The Sporting News has the details, “A Georgia judge commandeered the bank account of former NBA star
Allen Iverson in order to pay out a substantial debt for an unpaid
jewelry bill in a summary judgement on Monday”
“The judge will garnish Iverson’s earnings to allow Aydin and Company
Jewelers to collect $859,896.46 for the jewelry bill, court costs,
interest and attorney fees, according to a TMZ.com report.”
I know what you’re saying, $859,896.46 is a crazy amount of money to spend on jewelry. What the hell could he have bought for that much?
Unfortunately, A.I. was unavailable for comment.
In the end, the judge apparently gave the jewelry peeps access to A.I.’s Wells Fargo bank account. That must be a fascinating thing to see.
We hate seeing guys who were once masters of their domain fall into financial hardship. It never seems to be a positive thing when A.I.’s name pops up in the news these days.
|Toby on Flyers nearly sent Mike Richar…|
|t800m101 on Video: Claude Giroux’s g…|
|Rogie on Flyers nearly sent Mike Richar…|
|Scott B on The Evster’s Guide to Ha…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages