Dec 3, 2004, 2:11 PM EDT
Yesterday’s win was impressive. Being down 18 points had me wondering if our hopes for the Eagles’ season were going to be crushed much like the Phillies. The Eagles are defending NFC Champs and they don’t allow teams to just roll over them. With the exception of the first drive of the game where K.C. manhandled the lackadaisical birds, the defense played pretty damn well. Sheldon Brown, Brian Dawkins, and Mike Paterson were getting their name called over and over. With Paul Grasmanis being lost for the season, Mike Paterson looks like he can step it up. The defense really strapped it on after a slow start and allowed Donovan and company to do their thing and get the birds back in it.
Andy Reid showed he doesn’t care if they have to abandon the run by calling 50 passing plays to 13 run plays. Donovan played exceptional, minus his token 3 or 4 horrible throws to open guys, throwing for over 300 yards for the third straight week. L.J. Smith and Terrell Owens seemed to be wide open every other play.
It started out real ugly but the horrible start made the great finish that much more enjoyable. They take a 3-1 record into Dallas, their final game before a bye. 4-1 with a bye sounds good to me.
|psudrozz on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|Negativo on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|Chuck on The Evster’s NBA Playoff…|
|psudrozz on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money