Dec 13, 2011, 2:57 PM EDT
Yes, it’s camp. We get that. But it’s always good to hear about a guy coming into a season more ready than ever to elevate his game.
Doug Collins has showered Andre Iguodala with praise after just a couple of days of practice, calling his play “fantastic.”
“I love his voice,” Collins said of Dre. “The things he’s saying to his teammates. The leading and teaching he’s doing with the younger guys; he and Jrue have a real good connection right now.”
For his part, Dre says he feels great, noting that he’s even impressed some of the younger teammates like Evan Turner who have never seen him play at his full capabilities because he was banged up all of last season.
“I told Ev a lot, ‘you haven’t really seen me play,’” Dre told reporters. “Some of the stuff I was doing, he’s never seen. He thought it was like once in a blue moon.”
Sounds intriguing. If Iguodala can elevate his game to a new level in conjunction with serious growth from Jrue, ET, and Thad, this could could be even more fun to watch than most of us hope.
Here’s video from PhillyBurbs.com of Dre and Coach Collins talking at camp:
|will on Cole Hamels gives the most Col…|
|FlyersFan on Wayne Simmonds on Hartsy and V…|
|FlyersFan on Jason Akeson doesn’t deserve t…|
|Shane Gostisbehere on Jason Akeson doesn’t deserve t…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money