Dec 17, 2012, 3:39 PM EDT
Andrew Bynum has yet to play a basketball game for the Philadelphia 76ers. That hasn’t stopped him and his hair from popping up in the news every few days/weeks. With his former team, the L.A. Lakers, in town on Sunday, it was likely we’d get something out of him of note. He spoke once again. And said some interesting things.
“Personally I think they traded No. 1 for No. 2,” Bynum said, referring to the Lakers acquiring the 27-year-old Dwight Howard as the major part of the four-team exchange that landed him in Philly.
The 25-year-old Bynum warned that Howard will have to get used to the balancing act of playing alongside Bryant.
“I think Dwight is a great player, but he’s going to have to get
accustomed to playing with Kobe and not touching the ball every single
play,” Bynum said.
Hey, you want your star center to think he’s the best in the game, don’t you? But at the same time, when you haven’t played a game in months, is it really the best time to get all braggadocio?
He also added that playing with Kobe could stunt a young player’s growth which seems to be a double-edged sword to me. Yes, you’re playing with a ball-hungry scorer, but you’re also playing with one of the best to ever play the game. He makes others around him better.
Anyway, just another day in the life off the sidelined Andrew Bynum. He says his right knee is feeling better but we’ll know the real deal after he gets it MRI’d on Thursday.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money