Dec 17, 2012, 3:39 PM EST
Andrew Bynum has yet to play a basketball game for the Philadelphia 76ers. That hasn’t stopped him and his hair from popping up in the news every few days/weeks. With his former team, the L.A. Lakers, in town on Sunday, it was likely we’d get something out of him of note. He spoke once again. And said some interesting things.
“Personally I think they traded No. 1 for No. 2,” Bynum said, referring to the Lakers acquiring the 27-year-old Dwight Howard as the major part of the four-team exchange that landed him in Philly.
The 25-year-old Bynum warned that Howard will have to get used to the balancing act of playing alongside Bryant.
“I think Dwight is a great player, but he’s going to have to get
accustomed to playing with Kobe and not touching the ball every single
play,” Bynum said.
Hey, you want your star center to think he’s the best in the game, don’t you? But at the same time, when you haven’t played a game in months, is it really the best time to get all braggadocio?
He also added that playing with Kobe could stunt a young player’s growth which seems to be a double-edged sword to me. Yes, you’re playing with a ball-hungry scorer, but you’re also playing with one of the best to ever play the game. He makes others around him better.
Anyway, just another day in the life off the sidelined Andrew Bynum. He says his right knee is feeling better but we’ll know the real deal after he gets it MRI’d on Thursday.
|brandonphilly on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|ifihad10weekstolives… on Sometimes you get kicked in th…|
|Andrew Kulp on 29th in the NHL in scoring, ha…|
|BenE. on Why the Flyers won the Talbot-…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages