Oct 12, 2012, 3:22 AM EDT
Hockey season may be on ice for the time being (clever word play!), but basketball season is right around the corner. In fact, the 76ers were in action last night, winning their first exhibition game in Orlando by a 102-95 count.
Jrue Holiday paced Philly’s offense with 27 points.
Apologies for the lack of coverage, but the game wasn’t televised or anything. Of course, our Dei Lynam has a full write-up on the encounter for those interested. But to summarize, Holiday made 12 of 14 field goal attempts en route to the preseason victory — and he played less than 20 minutes.
Up next, the Sixers meet the Brooklyn Nets at Boradwalk Hall in Atlantic City on Saturday. If you need an excuse to hit up the Trump, this might be as good as any. If you’re just trying to get your Sixers fix, they make their home and TV debut versus the Celtics on Monday.
|Phil From Mt Airy on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return