May 19, 2005, 2:54 PM EST
No, it is not Drew Rosenhaus. But Westbrook did hire Fletcher Smith, Donovan McNabb’s agent, in hopes of securing a long term deal with the Birds.
Now, with Agnone (Westbrook’s former agent) out of the picture and Smith as the lead negotiator, the possibility of striking a long-term deal probably exists again, although both the running back’s demands and the Eagles’ view of Westbrook are going to have to be altered some if the sides are to reach an agreement this off-season.
Smith, of course, has a history of closing major deals with the Eagles. Three years ago, he negotiated the 12-year, $112.9 million deal for McNabb that included a team-record $20.5 million signing bonus. A good first step for Westbrook to rekindle talks would be to sign the Eagles’ tender and report to the voluntary minicamp next month at the NovaCare Complex.
Article from the Inquirer
|yishmeister on Photos and Time Lapse: This is…|
|Jason R. on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|ochospantalones on What do the Sixers want with R…|
|Bill L on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages