May 19, 2008, 1:45 PM EDT
So Jayson Werth hit three home runs the other night, an impressive feat. But something even more rare took place that many of us didn’t even notice. The tremendous Finger Food explains:
Here’s what happened: Shane Victorino took off from first in attempt to
steal second base only to find Jimmy Rollins standing on the bag.
Apparently Victorino may have thought a sign was flashed for a double
steal, which didn’t seem to be a call that made much sense considering
there were no outs and Chase Utley was up.
That’s where Victorino came in sprinting toward second base with his
head down and arms pumping. When he finally looked up and caught a
glimpse of Rollins standing like a statue on second, Victorino quickly
became a meek, cornered deer. First he lurched back to first, then
changed direction, did a little juke move and then just gave up and
stopped in his tracks.
That’s when catcher Gregg Zaun, running with the ball in the infield
lest an errant throw allowed Rollins to circle the bases, finally
slapped a tag on Victorino.
There it was. CS-2U.
An unassisted caught stealing by the catcher! Maybe that’s why Cholly has you on the bench there, Shane. Eh?
>>You don’t see that everyday [Finger Food]
|2sentz on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|Mike on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Jason R. on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return