Jul 21, 2011, 3:17 PM EST
Our man AU, writing for The Basketball Jones, has put together one of the best posts we’ve ever read that combines basketball and HBO’s “The Wire”, perhaps my favorite television show ever.
First, he goes through the top 8 hoops moments from the show (complete with an Elton Brand mention!) but honestly that just seems like an exercise to go through in order to come up with the money part: the top 8 hoops moments they should have had on the Wire.
Thomas “Herc” Hauk and Ellis Carver debate whether or not Baltimore
ever had a professional NBA team. Carver insists that the Wizards used
to play in Baltimore. “You’re just confusing them with the Washington
Bullets,” explains Herc. “See, the Wizards used to be called the
Bullets. But they still played in Washington.” Carver looks back at
him, dumbfounded. “Of all the retarded fucking arguments I’ve gotten
into with you over the years, this has got to be the stupidest,” he
states. Herc shrugs and walks away, confident in his historical
Fantastic. Go read it all.
Only thing missing is a scene on the docks in which Horseface makes some dumb bet that Ziggy can’t dunk on the hoop behind office/shed. In an attempt to show how badass he is, Ziggy attempts to throw one down, only to slip and fall into the harbor.
|David Seasholtz on Looking back at Philadelphia p…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Barry on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages