Dec 31, 2006, 5:13 PM EDT
If you ask your average Philadelphian about the Sixers, they’d probably make some sort of comment pointing out the fact that Allen Iverson is no longer here. Of course, they are right, but at some point we’re going to have to let go of The Answer and embrace the present. Sure, it’s probably not going to happen over night and it may not happen until this team gets another superstar.
The Inquirer’s Marc Narducci seems to be trying as hard as he possibly can to remain positive. It’s kind of annying. But one fact he points out that cannot be ignored is this: four players averaged more than 18 points, five rebounds and five assists last season.
LeBron James. Kobe Bryant. Tracy McGrady. Andre Iguodala.
Sure, it’s only a stat, but that there is some elite company.
Ther Sixers will not be good. We all know this, but I’m going to try and enjoy their touted energy, defense, and hustle. Until we can’t take losing anymore, then we’ll vent.
And we’ll enjoy the alley oops of course. Those will be great.
>>76ers/Raptors Preview [USA Today]
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money