Dec 6, 2004, 1:15 PM EDT
We all know and hate Skip Bayless for the moronic stuff he says and his usual Eagles hating, but in a recent piece he praises our beat up leader #5. He gives a little too much credit to T.O. for pissing off Donovan to the point where it has made him perform better. It’s a pretty good read though, Skip says some intelligent things for once. He says McNabb needed to "Man up" to Owens. ESPN:
Now I’m here to say that’s exactly what McNabb did, in his own
mature way. He didn’t lose respect from his teammates, he gained even
more. He didn’t get in a hissing contest with the skunky Owens. He rose
above the stink.
Donovan McNabb proceeded to do all his
talking with his performance — with his arm and legs and heart and
pain threshold. The Eagles say he’s battling a sports hernia, a bruised
sternum and a battered shin. But neither T.O. nor a potential trip to
the O.R. has kept McNabb from being the NFL’s four-week MVP.
So who has been the Eagles’ unsung MVP?
– though not for the obvious reason. Owens unwittingly provided McNabb
with the inspiration to rise from very good to warrior great. T.O.
really ticked off McNabb, who has channeled his anger into valiant
Tired? I’ll show you tired, pal.
Way to go, T.O. Your selfishness finally benefited your team.
|Rob on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|al on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Eng E on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|JJ on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money