Mar 14, 2011, 11:07 AM EDT
"I knew. I told our coaches, 'we got no juice.' I could see it in the guys' eyes. You know when somebody has tired eyes. You can't fool that. We cut it to twelve in the third quarter, but I knew. We weren't going to be able to sustain it," Doug Collins on his team Saturday night.
Hot off a huge win on Friday night over the mighty Celtics, the Sixers got their butts handed to them on Saturday night in Milwaukee. Does one have anything to do with the other?
Well, according to Sixers' coach Doug Collins, the Sixers simply didn't have the "juice" on Saturday night. Part of that likely has to do with the back-to-back games with travel in between, but exerting the effort it took to beat the Celtics on Friday night absolutely has to come into play.
The Sixers may be able to beat the mighty Celtics on Friday night, but they aren't the type of veteran team that can turn it around and bring their 'A' game the following night on the road. Not yet at least.
It kind of reminds me of that first weekend I ever got the new Zelda for Nintendo 64 back in high school. I spend 48 straight hours working my tail off to beat Ganon. And I did. It was a huge victory for me as a budding teenager. But then Monday morning I failed my Algebra test. You simply can't sustain that kind of performance.
Maybe Ray Allen was right and teams really do empty their tank against his team more so than others.
>>Sixers 74, Bucks 102 [AP]
|t800m101 on Getting to know the enemy: Fou…|
|Bob on Getting to know the enemy: Fou…|
|Marvin Monroe on Getting to know the enemy: Fou…|
|psudrozz on Getting to know the enemy: Fou…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money