Dec 9, 2004, 11:28 PM EDT
So I missed one of the best college football games in quite a while but I was rocking it out at Beck in Camden, so it’s all good. Beck is badass, that’s pretty much it. I am probably a casual Beck fan, but after reading an interview he did in GQ a few months ago I wanted to check out Guero. Anyway, Read that article and check out the album if you have not already done so.
I had pit seats for my second straight show in Camden; My pictures turned out okay, the lighting was funky so I got some cool shots of that, but it also made it tough to get some clear pictures. The show itself rocked. Beck mixes a little of everything and the end result is always fun. He played the drums, acoustic and electric guitar, a banjo, harmonica, some funky keys, he pretty much does it all. He has a band of musicians who had a table set for them on stage and had a little meal while Beck played some solo tunes. He also had a dancer guy who just kind of hops around popping the whole time. He mixed in a good amount of old tunes with the new hits from Guero and threw in a nice Flaming Lips cover. The crowd really seemed to like Debra.
You can see my photo album here. If you like Beck, he is def worth checking out live.
|Eng E on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|JJ on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|nahroots on Ryan Howard suddenly off to on…|
|Howie on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money