Mar 10, 2006, 11:35 PM EST
A very scary situation for Allan Ray and Villanova occurred when Ray was inadvertently poked in they eye by a Pittsburgh player Friday night in Big East Tournament play. Ray was going for a loose ball and hit. From the shot they showed on T.V. it almost looked as if an inordinate amount of white in Ray’s eye was visible as if his eye was popped out of place. Ray immediately went to the ground and was writhing in pain screaming over and over that he couldn’t see. Ray was taken to the hospital and the severity of the injury was unknown.
While Villanova’s hopes of winning the Big East Tournament and becoming the number one ranked team in the nation were crushed with the loss to Pittsburgh, their hopes of reaching the final four and winning a national championship just got exponentially more difficult.
Let’s hope Ray will be alright. Updates to follow.
Update: Early word is that the injury doesn’t appear to be severe. Maybe his eye didn’t really pop out.
Update2: Allan Ray can see fine, his vision is fine, "not a scratch." I could have swore his eye popped out. Now that is bizarre.
YouTube VIDEO after the jump
This one is the same one they have on Deadspin.
|dawkisgod on Video: If Chip Kelly calls a […|
|David Seasholtz on Looking back at Philadelphia p…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages