Jan 28, 2010, 2:01 AM EST
On his podcast yesterday, ESPN's Bill Simmons was chatting with the National Football Post's Mike Lombardi about all things NFL. After getting through a plethora of NFL topics most of you don't care about, right around the 35:35 mark, Simmons asks Lombardi if Philadelphia is a basketball town. Lombardi's answer, of course, is no. The NFL guy touts Villanova a bit but gives the NBA in Philly the jabs it deserves.
Then Simmons decides to offer up his opinion on how to "save the Sixers." It's a hibachi-tastic idea.
Given Agent Zero's recent troubles with the law and his collection of guns, he may sadly fit in too well in Philadelphia.
Now Ed Stefanski has made some legitimately bone-headed signings in his short time in Philadelphia, but even he wouldn't go out and trade for a guy who plead guilty of a felony just a few weeks ago.
I went to double check if this trade is feasible via the ESPN Trade Machine and it does pass the test. But that doesn't mean it would make the Sixers any better. Certainly would add a little color to a team which is severely lacking in that department.
Moments after Bill shares his idea, the NFL guy says you could put "Theo" Young in the starting line up once the deal goes down. And with that, I believe Lombardi proved his point that Philadelphia is not an NBA town.
|joe skal on Photo Essay: Patrick Chung wre…|
|BenE. on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|Mick on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|mike on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages