Jan 24, 2008, 7:08 PM EST
After Antero Niittymaki finally fell to earth for a bit against the Devils on Tuesday, John Stevens is giving Marty Biron a chance to make a statement tonight against the Penguins. Minus a certain dive specialist (and, let’s be honest, phenomenal player), the Penguins are at a considerable disadvantage. But in Philadelphia, we’re all keenly aware that teams can rally to make up for the loss of their superstar leader. Also, they may not have Sid Crosby, but Evgeny Malkin has 15 goals in his last 15 games.
The Flyers own the Pens this season, having won all three contests so far. Last time around, they trounced the cross-state rivals, 8-2, in my favorite game of the season so far. Both teams are hot as hell coming into this game, with the Penguins riding an incredible streak from goalie Ty Conklin, who started the season in the AHL, but is 10-1-2 since being called up.
Time to enjoy a few Nugget Nectars, a Cocco’s cheese steak, and hopefully a Flyers W. Also, word on the street is, if the Flyers win tonight, yours truly gets to post over at Pensblog tomorrow. If they lose, you’ll have to endure a Steel City breakfast burrito.
|Joseph on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|jpeezo on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|Matt S. on Eagles officially the hottest…|
|SadKumquat on Peter King: Eagles ‘the disapp…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages