Jan 2, 2007, 2:22 AM EST
If you were awake at 1:00 am Tuesday morning you may have caught one of the most exciting finishes in recent memory. In double OT, Boise State put it all on the line and went for two to win the game instead of kicking a PAT to send the game into a third overtime. Not only did they go for it, they went for it in style. The "Statue of Liberty" was pulled out of the Boise bag of tricks and worked to perfection. Ian "Crochet Boy" Johnson took the sneaky hand off and ran in the game winning two point conversion. It capped off Boise State’s perfect 13 win season. Take that Big 12.
Only minutes after Johnson won the game in amazing fashion, he proposed to Boise State cheerleader Chrissy Popadics. I’m not sure the pronunciation on the name there. I think we can all assume Mr. Johnson had a lucky evening. Boise State QB Jared Zabransky added his thoughts, "I’m sure it probably wouldn’t have been as romantic if we would have lost."
That Boise State win gives you reassurance that sports are worth watching. Also, Boise is in Idaho.
|joe skal on Photo Essay: Patrick Chung wre…|
|BenE. on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|Mick on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|mike on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages