Apr 6, 2010, 10:52 PM EST
Right now, thousands of Toronto Maple Leafs fans are leaving their home arena for the last time this season. There will be no playoff hockey for Toronto (again). After the road win tonight, the Flyers are that much closer to making sure their fans don't meet that fate on Sunday at the Wachovia Center.
Credit Brian Boucher as the biggest reason for that reality, at least lately. For the third straight game, Boosh was strong in net for the Flyers, earning his 100th career victory and 17th career shutout in a 2-0 Flyers win. You gotta see this one save to believe it.
Boucher made an amazing stop in the waning minutes of regulation when the Maple Leafs were furiously, desperately trying to tie the game, and then made another on the rebound a second later. It was a low-scoring game with relatively few shots (23 per team), but that doesn't mean it was an easy one for the guys in net. JS Giguere was equally good for the Leafs, particularly on several huge saves on Claude Giroux shots.
Giroux would pot the game winner in this one, depositing a great pass from Danny Briere quickly behind Giguere midway through the first period. Briere, set up in his office behind the net, took a feed from Kimmo Timonen and quickly fed it to a streaking Giroux. No one from either team would score again until Mike Richards would give us all a Lipitor by throwing the puck into Toronto's open net. That was Richie's 29th of the season, one off the career high he set last season.
Two games left, both against the Rangers, who lost tonight. Atlanta and Montreal did too, though the Habs picked up a point by lasting 'til the shutout. If Toronto wins at Madison Square Garden tomorrow, the Flyers are assured a playoff spot. If not, they can also control their own fate by continuing to win…
|Schmidsy on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Schmidsy on Video: If Chip Kelly calls a […|
|Marvin Monroe on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
|donny05 on Don Tollefson: Maybe not an al…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages