Mar 2, 2012, 12:25 PM EDT
Brack city / whut / Brack / Brack city / whut
The 76ers have recalled Craig Brackins.
Brackins, who was reassigned to the D-League on Feb. 7, has averaged 18.9 points, 9.3 rebounds and 34 minutes a night in seven games with the Maine Red Claws.
The second-year forward appeared in eight games with the Sixers earlier this season, but never played any longer than 7 minutes per game. In all eight of those contests, the Sixers won by anywhere from 17 to 35 points. In this case, think correlation, not causation.
Anyhow, with Spencer Hawes’ timetable seeming perpetually subject to change, the Sixers could use another body under the basket, even if Brackins is actually less experienced at the NBA level than rookies Lavoy Allen and Nic Vucevic.
But even with Hawes out, Brand having an ongoing thumb thing and Allen and Vucevic looking at times in over their heads, don’t count any Brackins getting much run. He’s a body, yes, but he’s a body with deficiencies on defense. Until those are rectified, a player generally won’t find favor with head coach Doug Collins.
And there you have it: 182 words on Craig Brackins.
ALSO: Dutch phenom Francisco Elson’s 10-day expired. Go back to work.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money