Mar 2, 2012, 12:25 PM EST
Brack city / whut / Brack / Brack city / whut
The 76ers have recalled Craig Brackins.
Brackins, who was reassigned to the D-League on Feb. 7, has averaged 18.9 points, 9.3 rebounds and 34 minutes a night in seven games with the Maine Red Claws.
The second-year forward appeared in eight games with the Sixers earlier this season, but never played any longer than 7 minutes per game. In all eight of those contests, the Sixers won by anywhere from 17 to 35 points. In this case, think correlation, not causation.
Anyhow, with Spencer Hawes’ timetable seeming perpetually subject to change, the Sixers could use another body under the basket, even if Brackins is actually less experienced at the NBA level than rookies Lavoy Allen and Nic Vucevic.
But even with Hawes out, Brand having an ongoing thumb thing and Allen and Vucevic looking at times in over their heads, don’t count any Brackins getting much run. He’s a body, yes, but he’s a body with deficiencies on defense. Until those are rectified, a player generally won’t find favor with head coach Doug Collins.
And there you have it: 182 words on Craig Brackins.
ALSO: Dutch phenom Francisco Elson’s 10-day expired. Go back to work.
|Nicky Boy on Quotable: Ruben Amaro Jr. says…|
|Scott B on Quotable: Ruben Amaro Jr. says…|
|Junie gees on Nick Foles gets the Sports Ill…|
|dialectician on Quotable: Ruben Amaro Jr. says…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages