Sep 23, 2008, 5:54 PM EST
You have to like the way things have been going the past few days with the Phils finding ways to win as the Mets and Brewers struggle. You also have to like the Phils chances tonight with Cole Hamels taking the mound facing Mike Hampton.
Charlie Manuel seems to have the right attitude heading into the game, “I think things can go our way. We got five games left. That’s what we’re looking at.” And Cole Hamels is looking to join Jamie Moyer as a 15-game winner.
The Mets certainly aren’t out of this hunt yet but the pressure is starting to mount for them with 2 full games to make up with only six days left (the Mets have six games while the Phils have 5) to play.
Metsblog isn’t freaking out just yet, “One at a time…Win tonight, get a better vibe going, and we’ll re-evaluate tomorrow – wash, rinse and repeat.” And, of course, hopefully choke.
The Mets also have to like their match up tonight with Johan Santana facing the Cubs Sean Marshall. The Brewers also face the lowly Pirates in Milwaukee.
Enjoy watching Cole and the boys attempt to pull a second straight NL East title a little closer.
|BenE. on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Cuban on We’re comparing Michael…|
|2sentz on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages