Apr 18, 2007, 5:11 PM EST
Todd Zolecki reports that the Phillies’ 2007 Opening Day starter has been demoted to the bullpen, where he’ll set up for Flash Gordon. Jon Lieber will replace him in the rotation.
In three starts, Myers is 0-2, with a 9.39 ERA. He has allowed 16 earned runs, with 19 strikeouts and 9 walks in 151/3 innings.
Lieber is 0-0 with an 11.57 ERA, allowing two walks with no strikeouts
in 21/3 innings in his two relief appearances this season.
Brett’s numbers have been bad in two of three starts so far, but isn’t this a little premature? I thought he was pretty good on Opening Day, and that he’s at least better than Lieber, who hasn’t exactly been lights out. Brett must have agreed to it, as he said previously he’d accept any role the team thought best. We’ll see how long that lasts. It may just be a short-term thing to try to boost Lieber’s trade value, since they obviously need help right now.
Brett Myers Named Opening Day Starter [The 700 Level]
To Brett Myers: Put That Coffee Down [The 700 Level]
|Jay D on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
|Get Animax Ointment on Shocker: Some People in Baseba…|
|Chris on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|2sentz on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages