Aug 15, 2012, 2:18 PM EST
By “this,” he means “here,” as in “Philly,” with “the Sixers.”
Look, it’s August. He just got here. People were apparently giving him their shoes to sign. It would sort of be a surprise if the guy didn’t say that his experience was positive enough thus far that he was leaning towards staying.
There’s a long stretch of time and a lot of basketball between now and next July, when he could conceivably hit the open market even if he really does want to stay (He can command more money and a longer contract if he becomes an FA than if he signs early.).
Still, it is unbelievably encouraging to hear Andrew Bynum immediately say how he wasn’t looking to “have a lot of teams under his belt” and twice acknowledge which way he was leaning re: his impending free agency and long-term future.
[videos and, separately, the catchiest, most t-shirtable quote of the press conference below]
Now that that’s out of the way, let’s talk about diamonds.
Andrew, in short, how will you respond to “the pressure” of being “the guy” on a basketball team after spending your career thus far as a second, sometimes even third fiddle to Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol?
“Pressure makes diamonds” —Andrew Bynum
|psudrozz on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
|The Bees Knees on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
|Joe B on Photos: Temple Basketball will…|
|GregL190 on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages