Aug 15, 2012, 2:18 PM EDT
By “this,” he means “here,” as in “Philly,” with “the Sixers.”
Look, it’s August. He just got here. People were apparently giving him their shoes to sign. It would sort of be a surprise if the guy didn’t say that his experience was positive enough thus far that he was leaning towards staying.
There’s a long stretch of time and a lot of basketball between now and next July, when he could conceivably hit the open market even if he really does want to stay (He can command more money and a longer contract if he becomes an FA than if he signs early.).
Still, it is unbelievably encouraging to hear Andrew Bynum immediately say how he wasn’t looking to “have a lot of teams under his belt” and twice acknowledge which way he was leaning re: his impending free agency and long-term future.
[videos and, separately, the catchiest, most t-shirtable quote of the press conference below]
Now that that’s out of the way, let’s talk about diamonds.
Andrew, in short, how will you respond to “the pressure” of being “the guy” on a basketball team after spending your career thus far as a second, sometimes even third fiddle to Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol?
“Pressure makes diamonds” —Andrew Bynum
|willh888 on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|meankoalas on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|docdeath20 on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|mslavick on One national writer thinks Eag…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return